Queen Street, Richmond, c.1880

Tēnā koe and Welcome to Kete Tasman 

This site is closing on 23 June 2022

Tasman District Libraries are launching a new website, Tasman Heritage. The photographs and information from Kete Tasman are being transferred over to Tasman Heritage to join some great new local history content. Kete Tasman will be turned off on 23 June 2022.  

  Our Fruitful History logo 

Our Fruitful History

To view Our Fruitful History Click here.

 Suffrage 125 Whakatū Wāhine logo

HerStory: A Celebration of Local Women

To view HerStory (Part of the Suffrage 125 celebrations) Click here.

 

 WW100 Symbol

World War One Roll of Honour

To View the Nelson Tasman Roll of Honour Click here.

Latest 7 topics

Charlie Boyce at Richmond School, 1915.
Richmond Primary School opened in 1856.There were two schools originally one for boys and one for girls.
Foxhill School.
Many of the schools that once educated children in the district no longer exist.
Trapnell's Flour Mill, Brightwater, early 1900s.
Historical photos and materials on Brightwater. Focusing on the Brightwater flour mill, electricity and the Brightwater School.
Our Fruitful History.
Photos and other items related to horticulture and farming in the Tasman District.
Cover of Fannie's album.
An album of autographs, poems and drawings belonging to Fannie Lammas. Entries date from 1910-1917.
Hodgson's Store.
Ann was a notable resident of the early Wakefield Township, and like most of our early pioneer women, she overcame
Tobacco workers on their lunch break, Riwaka.
Photographs of tobacco and hop workers in Riwaka and surrounds 1954 to 1961.

Contents by type

Random Image from the Archive

Group with large car.

Blank Play/Pause Slideshow. Next Image.