Tasman District Council Archives Collection

Snot on the hills behind Upper Queen Street in 1939This basket contains historic photographs, letters and other items from the Tasman District Council archives.

The Tasman District Council was formed in 1989 and covers the area previously covered by the Richmond Borough Council, Waimea County Council, Golden Bay County Council and Motueka County Council. The majority of items in this collection are originally from the Richmond Borough and Waimea County Council. Many of the items were donated by former Council members.

Shops on Queen Street in the 1980s

Of special interest is the Richmond History Project Photographs. These photographs were taken in the 1980's and show a range of houses, shops and other buildings in Richmond during that period. Many of these buildings have since been demolished.

Latest 5 topics

Morel's House, following the Murchison Earthquake, 1929.
Extracts from the Richmond Oral History Transcripts relating to the 1929 Murchison earthquake.
S. Wratt.
Photographs of the Past Mayors and Council Members of Motueka
Albert Tuffnell.
Photographs of the Past Mayors of Richmond
Oral Histories.
Oral histories relating to the early years of European settlement in Richmond, Tasman (New Zealand).
71 Wensley Road.
The Richmond History Project Photographs of old houses in Richmond. Taken in the early 1980s

Contents by type

Random Image from the Archive

205 Queen Street.

Blank Play/Pause Slideshow. Next Image.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License
The Tasman District Council Archives Collection by Tasman District Libraries Kete is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License