2 Salisbury Road

Original Filename: QSHP2.jpg (view)

Original Size: 2.2 MB

Original Image Type: image/jpeg

2 Salisbury Road.

Caption

QSHP 2: Photograph donated by Jill and Bill Knowles

Photograph of the store on the corner of Queen Street and Sailsbury Road, Richmond.  According to the handwriting on the back of the photo the store was  "Built in about 1909 or 1910. (Built) By Herbert Lusty (builder) and Wilfred Busch (apprentice) for Francis Lusty Jr. for a general store called the Henley Store".

Those shown in the photograph are:

  • "Alice Lusty (sister to Francis)
  • Francis Lusty (known as Frank)
  • Mavis Lusty (daughter of Francis and Bertha, later Mrs. Ken Beech)
  • Bertha Lusty  wife of Francis
  • Dog Larry family pet".

The store was the Richmond Trading Co. for over 20 years and still operates as an antique store in 2017. 

The store still has the original roof and veranda.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion