Field, Phyllis

Transcript of the Oral History Interview with Phyllis Field

Filename: Field_Phyllis_OCRO_.pdf ( download )

Size: 3 MB

Document type: application/pdf ( )

Abstract

Phyllis Field (nee Griffin) recalls stories of people places and events in the district during her childhood and adult life. Her father was George Griffin and her mother was Caroline Griffin. The family purchased Barrington Farm in Richmond in 1919. They later renamed it Dellside. This is now where Marlborough Crescent is.

Her grandfather, father and uncles were the founders of Griffin and Sons Biscuit Factory. She had at least two brothers Gus and Harry, and a sister. She started school at Richmond School in 1921.

Points of Interest

  1. The Sutton Family
  2. Hill Street
  3. Salisbury Road
  4. The Prince of Wales (King Edward VIII) visit to New Zealand
  5. Electricity and ironing
  6. Richmond School
  7. Charlie Harkness
  8. Richmond Foothills
  9. Dust coats and scarves for car travel

Interview Information

  • Date of Interview:      25 September 1984
  • Interviewer:               Lisa van Wessel
  • Typist:                       Louise Charters (Head Typist) and Les Slater
  • Length of Transcript: 27 Pages

Copyright Statement

This oral history is to be used for your private research or study only. Please do not copy or distribute the material contained in this transcript in any way, without prior approval.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion