Queen Street Shops, Richmond

Original Filename: Queen_Street_Shops.jpg (view)

Original Size: 2 MB

Original Image Type: image/pjpeg

Queen Street Shops, Richmond.

Caption

265 Queen Street, Richmond. 

From about 1936 to 1948 the two storey brick building was Marshall's Bakery and Tea Rooms.Photo was taken from about 280 Queen Street, looking towards Lower Queen Street.

Also in the photo is Tuffnell and Co. Plumbers and Drainlayers building. According to his children Hazel Williams (nee Tuffnell) and Geoff Tuffnell the building was originally the home and business of Albert  R. Tuffnell. The office was at the front of the building and the family home in the back. This building was demolished around the mid 1980s.

The Powerboard building, at one time the Waimea Electric Power Board, can be seen at the far right of the photo.

Photo from the Tasman District Council archives.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion