Wakefield from Church Hill

Original Filename: churchhill-0001.jpg (view)

Original Size: 2.8 MB

Original Image Type: image/pjpeg

Wakefield from Church Hill.

Caption

Wakefield from Church Hill, c.1875-1880. Photograph taken by Eliab Baigent.

Vicarage in foreground.

Painton's Store on right fronting the original main road from Nelson, now Pitfure Road. William Painton established is store in his house in 1865. In 1883 he moved this building into the township to the site of the War Memorial and Library today.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion